Architectural Applications of Water Protection Systems
About the Sponsor
Since 1985, we have been located in beautiful West Palm Beach, Florida, in the heart of Hurricane Alley. Savannah Trims is a marketing arm of 6 distinguished companies, all with a related theme: Architectural Building Specialties, as related to fine quality building components. We at 'Savannah' are specialists in the application of exterior building components such as Exterior Blinds, Glass Skylights and Standard Skylights, and Flood Barriers. Our combined experience totals over 100 years of hands on working with these products.
This course expresses the reasons for concern regarding the environmental hazards that come with flooding and describes who is responsible when natural hazards and flooding occur. Learn what a Base Flood Elevation is, as well as the objectives of protection in order to employ this kind of system.
- Express the reasons for concern regarding the environmental hazards that come with flooding
- Describe with whom the responsibilities lie in regards to natural hazards and flooding conditions
- Explain what a BFE (Base Flood Elevation) is and how this can affect a structure's insurance rating
- Illustrate and calculate the minimum engineering considerations according to the NFIP and FEMA and define: hydrostatic flood force, buoyancy and hydrodynamic force
- List the objectives of protection in order to employ flood barrier systems and compare and contrast different flood barrier protection and opening protection systems
Design Category (CSI Division):
(08) Doors, Windows and Openings