Finishing Gypsum Board: Appearance and Indoor Air Quality
Learn about the different levels of gypsum board finishes as well as when to specify each according to the needs of the project. Gain insight into the importance of indoor air quality (IAQ) in regard to sustainability, how to improve IAQ, and how gypsum board finishes impact IAQ.
- Identify the significance of ASTM C840, "The Standard Specification for Application and Finishing of Gypsum Board."
- Discern the differences between the "Five Levels of Finish" (GA-214-10), and explain the terms and operations associated with each level
- Assess the ways that interior gypsum board finishing applications meet sustainable design criteria for indoor air quality
- Define the ways that interior gypsum board finishing contributes to an Indoor Air Quality Management Plan
- Determine appropriate gypsum board products to specify so a project meets or exceeds sustainable design standards
10 Multiple Choice and True/False Questions
A score of 80% or higher is required to receive a certificate of completion