Fire Rated Door Assemblies: Compliant Designs - Update
This course focuses on compliant designs for fire door assemblies, frames, and hardware. Learn basic fire door assembly requirements for a variety of enclosures and how those standards must be met. In addition, ensure your fire rated openings are compliant by learning about the applicable codes, requirements, and design considerations. Included are important fire enclosure specifications set forth by the International Building Code (IBC) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), as well as UL standards for safety.
- Identify the common locations of fire doors
- Discuss NFPA 80 requirements with regard to bolts, fasteners and other hardware, clearance and undercut, stops, and more
- Discuss the significance of fire labels and their role in construction of fire rated assemblies
- Describe the most common design considerations including door elevations, louvers, Dutch doors and the applicable fire codes
- Specify the proper hardware for various types of fire rated assemblies
- Understand 13 critical items in a fire door assembly inspection