High Performance Gypsum: Protect Against Mold, Moisture and Exposure
This course will focus on gypsum products manufactured with fiberglass facing, replacing the paper facing typically used on gypsum board. We will review the high performance characteristics and applications for the fiberglass faced gypsum panels to improve the health, safety and welfare of any project and associated occupants through improved fire ratings and indoor air quality. This course includes a series of diagrammatical wall sections for a variety of typical envelope systems as well as interior application details.
- Identify the characteristics of high performance gypsum panels related to moisture, mold, fire resistance, and exposure
- Recognize products available with high performance properties including exterior sheathing, shaftliner, interior panels, and tile backer panels
- Determine the appropriate use of high performance fire rated separation systems at shaft enclosures and separation walls
- Assess the use of high performance gypsum panels for exposure conditions in extreme interior applications
- Appraise the situations where tile backer board is appropriately used both with and without a tile finish
- Compare the unique applications and benefits for each product category