Life Safety with Rooftop Accessories - Update
This course will explain the benefits of roof hatch & smoke vent design and life safety. The designer will have a better understanding of code regulations for life safety and will be able to properly size and place vents in accordance with these codes. We will conclude this one-hour course with a 10-minute Q&A period for review of the topics covered today.
- Describe roof access hatch applications for personnel and equipment and understand the meaning and importance of a thermal break in a roof hatch
- Explain code regulations and OSHA for safety railing fall protection for openings
- Describe smoke venting applications based on IBC code regulations
- Explain the differences between UL 793 and FM 4430
- Identify design practices for sizing and selecting operation of smoke vents