Out of the Woods: Modern Alternatives to Exterior Cladding
About the Sponsor
Born in 1994. SAGIPER emerged into the European market and revolutionized the construction and renovation industry by introducing its high quality PVC product lines. Since then SAGIPER has continued its relentless pursuit in maintaining and developing its products to provide aesthetically pleasing maintenance free and modern finishing solutions for all its end users around the world. Our product lines are designed specifically for your contemporary residential and commercial projects offering the natural look of wood and metallic aluminum finishes.
The timeless, elegant look of wood is a popular design choice. However, wood isn’t always the best option for exterior cladding. Join us in this one-hour course as we discuss different types of exterior cladding used to achieve a wood-like finish and explore how testing methods and new technology can ensure your project’s wood-like exterior stays fresh for year to come.
- Identify different types of exterior cladding used to achieve a wood-like finish, including wood, fiber cement, PVC, and metal
- Evaluate exterior cladding types for their fire resistance, ease of installation, cost, and sustainability
- Discuss testing methods, such as fire resistance and wind load capacity, used to ensure exterior cladding can withstand the elements
- Explain new advancements, such as solar shield technology, that protects a building’s exterior and occupants from the negative effects of extreme weather conditions
Design Category (CSI Division):
(07) Thermal and Moisture Protection