Properly Supporting Small Rooftop Pipes and Conduit
About the Sponsor
OMG Roofing Products is a leading manufacturer and global supplier of high performance products for the commercial roofing industry. Our core business is manufacturing highly engineered roofing fasteners for virtually every type of roof substrate and roofing system. In addition, we manufacture insulation adhesives, roof drains and edge metal systems, and we supply other rooftop components such as pipe supports and solar mounts.
Join us in this one-hour course as we discuss how rooftop pipes move on the roof and how to properly support them to prevent damage to the pies and roofing system. Participants will learn about current practices, spacing considerations, and market issues, as well as differences between engineered and field fabricated pipe support options.
- Review standard practices regarding small rooftop pipe supports
- Identify potential risks to the building and occupants if small rooftop pipes move and are left improperly supported
- Evaluate the implications of pipe supports on commercial roofing systems as well as best practices for gas lines, industrial fluids and other liquids
- Review the benefits of engineered small rooftop pipe supports in terms of safety, durability, and ease-of-installation
Design Category (CSI Division):
(07) Thermal and Moisture Protection