Receipt, Storage, and Installation of Hollow Metal Doors and Frames
In this one-hour course, design professionals will learn important techniques to properly install and operate hollow metal doors and frames. It will discuss how to properly receive and store hollow metal doors and frames prior to installation, safely install hollow metal doors and frames in a variety of existing and new applications, and ensure installations fit current code requirements. By the end of this course, design professionals will be able to consult the correct codes and regulations to correctly install hollow doors and frames in their own projects.
- Discuss the importance of inspecting hollow doors and frames upon receipt and storing these products properly prior to installation
- Demonstrate the necessary steps to successfully install hollow metal frames, prioritizing worker safety and product durability
- Evaluate anchoring systems and choose which type best applies to different applications based on wall construction
- Recognize standards, product performance testing and education that promote safe installation and operation of hollow metal doors and frames
- Illustrate the correct installation and anchoring techniques for hollow metal frames