Roof Drainage Design: The Case for Re-Roofing Applications
Roof Drainage Design will help specifiers and commercial roof designers and installers understand common drainage problems on commercial roofs. The course addresses the importance of proper drain design, the basics of water flow and the impact of a vortex, drain options for re-roofing and new construction applications, as well as plumbing code changes for storm drain sizing and flow rates.
- Explain the importance of properly designed roof drainage and how it keeps occupants safe
- Address the basics of water flow and the impact of a vortex
- Compare and contrast the three types of roof drain installation and best practices in both new construction and re-roof applications
- Describe the benefits of retrofit roof drains
- Review the change in the International Plumbing Code (2015) in relation to storm drain sizing and flow rates
- Review the ANSI/SPRI Standard RD-1 for Retrofit Roof Drains