Rooftop Equipment Securement: Codes and Solutions
This one-hour course provides a framework for understanding the importance of rooftop equipment securement. We’ll review current methods that are no longer code compliant and explore modern innovative solutions that properly secure all rooftop equipment and accessories. We will examine the critical need for application appropriate planning, calculating and installation.
- Describe the updated codes required for rooftop equipment securement to be compliant and provide long-term performance and safety during natural weather events, protecting the building envelope and community.
- Identify proper securement and installation options for various rooftop equipment on all low-slope commercial roof types, including fasteners by deck type, anchors, labor, and their associated cost for proper performance.
- Explore engineering and specification requirements for the securement of rooftop equipment including wind uplift, seismic movement, compression, and watertight integrity.
- Explain the difference of available rooftop equipment attachment products, including design, performance, and installation requirements for proper product selection.
- Identify rooftop equipment applications and the importance of code compliant securement, including mechanical, electrical, and plumbing, communication, life safety, security and many more.
10 Multiple Choice and True/False Questions
A score of 80% or higher is required to receive a certificate of completion