Light-Gauge Steel Framing Connection Products: Specifying Tested Connection Products That Limit Liability
Define the use of light-gauge steel framing connection products. Discuss practical applications of deflection clips, support clips, and the various methods of installation for different types of connectors.
- Explain how deflection clips are used to attach exterior curtain-wall studs to a building structure
- Explain how to provide for vertical building movement independent of the cold-formed steel framing
- Define what types of support clips are used for rigid or positive attachment connections
- Explain the various methods used to install the different types of connectors
- Properly interpret the allowable load tables for clips.
10 Multiple Choice and True/False Questions
A score of 80% or higher is required to receive a certificate of completion