Building Envelope Fundamentals and Design Solutions with Insulated Metal Panels
About the Sponsor
For over 25 years, the Norbec Group has been offering innovative, value-added solutions to its customers' needs. With the introduction in 2008 of the Norex® and Noroc® lines, Norbec Architectural now offers a complete range of solutions for building envelopes that combine advances in insulation with construction expertise.
- Discuss the advantages of designing with IMPs. Recognize how the IMP can offer the designer a solution for the building envelope, to resist varied and severe weather conditions, including fire safety, durability cost and energy efficiency. Understand jointed components.
- Identify cost savings and the efficiencies related to IMP installation in today’s competitive market.
- Identify how IMP's can open up building concepts to take advantage the IMP's easy systems and physical benefits, their ability to adapt to existing structures and turn-key buildings.
- Discuss how IMP’s can contribute to earning credits on LEED projects.
- Review projects where IMPs’ were able to create a tangible difference. Identifying and solving potential issues ahead of time, and providing solution driven options.
AIA Course Number: