Building Sustainably with Fiber Cement Siding
About the Provider
James Hardie Inc. is purely a fiber-cement business. It operates in markets around the world, with manufacturing operations in the United States, Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines. The businesses employ over 2,500 people who generate revenue of more than $1.5 billion a year.
- Define the “4 Ds” of exterior wall design and understand the ways in which best practices for water management can help prevent damage to cladding and other wall components
- Identify the composition, product options, and appropriate installation of fiber cement cladding products
- Explore climate zoned cladding, including the environmental criteria for each zone
- Explain the different types of green and sustainability rating systems and how fiber cement products contribute to them
(07) Thermal and Moisture Protection