How To Maximize the Durability and Sustainability of Wood Building Products
About the Provider
Culpeper Wood Preservers is one of the largest producers of pressure treated lumber in the United States. A leading manufacturer of pressure treated products for the residential, commercial, industrial and marine markets that employs more than 350 people. Culpeper Wood Preservers’ brand name products are sold exclusively through independent lumber dealers throughout the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Mid-West and South. They operate 10 plants strategically located in Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina and Indiana.
- Discuss the sustainable benefits to wood manufacturing, such as renewability, energy efficiency, and low carbon emissions.
- Illustrate how coatings can improve the durability and longevity of wood building products to create a sturdy and sustainable structure.
- Identify the effects of UV damage on wood building products, such as photo-degradation, photo-oxidation, and hygroscopicity.
- Demonstrate ways to avoid the harmful effects of moisture damage on the structural integrity of wood structures and the health and safety of occupants.
(06) Wood, Plastics and Composites