Laminated Timber Columns: Structural Characteristics
About the Provider
Culpeper Wood Preservers is one of the largest producers of pressure treated lumber in the United States. A leading manufacturer of pressure treated products for the residential, commercial, industrial and marine markets that employs more than 350 people. Culpeper Wood Preservers’ brand name products are sold exclusively through independent lumber dealers throughout the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Mid-West and South. They operate 10 plants strategically located in Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina and Indiana.
- Explain the Construction of the Laminated Timber Column and how it affects the safety and integrity of the building and its occupants
- Describe the importance of proper & sustainable fiber sourcing, pressure treating to ground contact, Kiln drying and a structural adhesive
- Identify the Structural Advantages of Built-up Timber Columns to ensure the safety of the building and its occupants
- Describe the job site advantages of Laminated Columns
(06) Wood, Plastics and Composites