Designing Functional Outdoor Living Spaces
Friday, July 19, 2019 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm EDT
This course provides an overview of the growing outdoor living space and popular building materials used for its design, with a focus on outdoor kitchens. Many issues may arise during the design process that can make specifying difficult. This presentation will address how to create safe and functional outdoor living spaces, without sacrificing aesthetics, while identifying common misconceptions, including how to avoid them.
- Understand the evolution of the Outdoor Living Market
- Address trends in outdoor living spaces and popular building materials
- Apply design principles and how they relate to the outdoor space
- Identify common misconceptions and safety issues in outdoor living spaces and how to avoid them
- Explain proper use and care of outdoor living products for extended performance