All Treated Wood is Not the Same
About the Sponsor
Providing an extensive range of advanced wood treatment technologies and services to the global wood preservation industry, with an expertise in wood biocides and wood protection chemicals, Viance LLC is an industry leader in the development of advanced greener building material solutions that improve the performance and durability of wood and wood products for sustainable building.
Protective treatments are important for any wood project, but all treated wood is not the same. Join us in this one-hour course as we discuss standards and guidelines for treated wood and preservatives in order to ensure wood projects are safe and code compliant. Participants will learn about important standards, testing methods, and applications that will help them evaluate treated wood for future projects.
- Describe the need for protective treatments that ensure wood projects and buildings remain structurally and environmentally safe
- Identify standards and guidelines created by organizations such as the EPA and AWPA for treated wood and preservatives
- Recall important research and development testing methods in order to evaluate the environmental and performance characteristics of treated wood
- Apply knowledge of treatments standards for residential deck construction to ensure projects are safe and code compliant
Design Category (CSI Division):
(06) Wood, Plastics and Composites