Architectural Applications of Water Protection Systems
This course expresses the reasons for concern regarding the environmental hazards that come with flooding and describes who is responsible when natural hazards and flooding occur. Learn what a Base Flood Elevation is, as well as the objectives of protection in order to employ this type of system.
- Express the reasons for concern regarding the environmental hazards that come with flooding
- Describe with whom the responsibilities lie in regards to natural hazards and flooding conditions
- Explain what a BFE (Base Flood Elevation) is and how this can affect a structure’s insurance rating
- Illustrate and calculate the minimum engineering considerations according to the NFIP and FEMA and define: Hydrostatic Flood Force, Buoyancy and Hydrodynamic Force
- List the objectives of protection in order to employ flood barrier systems and compare and contrast different flood barrier and opening protection systems