Boiler and Water Heater Retrofit: Things to Consider when Evaluating the Building and the Mechanical Room
The walkthrough of a boiler and water heater retrofit is a vital step to assessing the existing conditions and determining what needs to be fixed to meet the client’s needs. Join us in this one-hour course as we discuss what to bring with you, what to document, and what questions to ask when performing a walkthrough. Participants will learn key questions to ask and documentations to make in regards to the water piping, venting, gas piping, and other factors to ensure a boiler and water heater retrofit is safe and code compliant.
- List key items to bring with you when performing a walkthrough for a boiler and water heater retrofit, as well as important factors to consider before beginning the assessment
- Outline key questions to ask when assessing water piping, pumps, quality, and accessories to ensure a boiler and water heater retrofit is safe and code compliant
- Examine the venting of a boiler and water heater retrofit, especially mistakes in exhaust venting, to promote code compliance, efficiency, and safety
- Identify key factors to appraise in regards to the gas piping of a boiler and water heater retrofit to avoid installation errors resulting in unsafe conditions for contractors and occupants
- Explain the importance of documenting the electrical power needs, service clearances & installation, controls, and sizing needs of a boiler and water heater retrofit