Compression-Seal Technology: A Sustainable Solution for High-Performance Windows and Doors
In this one hour course we will review compression-seal technology for high-performance window and door systems. Through a discussion that includes definitions and application examples, the design professional will be able to select the high-performance window or door system to best suit their design. We will conclude the hour by outlining the performance benefits of compression-seal technology and offering several case studies for consideration.
- Define compression-seal technology as applied to high-performance window and door systems to ensure the safety of the building and occupants
- Describe how a compression seal works to ensure the integrity of the building and improve indoor air and environmental quality for occupants
- Discuss the window and door configuration options using compression-seal technology and determine which creates a more structurally-sound system
- Explain the performance benefits when utilizing compression-seal technology for windows and doors including air and water infiltration resistance, reducing the potential for mold and mildew build-up inside the building
- Recognize the best applications of compression-seal technology for greater indoor environmental quality for building occupants