Innovative Solutions for Architectural Challenges: Opening Glass Walls Provide Options
About the Sponsor
Perceiving an unmet need for flexible solutions to large architectural openings, the founders of NanaWall Systems delivered their first wood-framed, opening glass wall in 1986. Three years later, NanaWall Systems, Inc. was incorporated, with the mission of finding, creating, and delivering an ever-broadening array of flexible design solutions. In 1996, Nana Wall Systems entered into partnership with Solarlux of Germany, the world leader in operable glass wall technology. Today, with manufacturer's representatives throughout the continent, Nana Wall Systems is the dominant provider of opening glass walls in North America.
This one-hour course provides an overview of how high performance opening glass walls offer design freedom, maximize daylighting, and are able to reconfigured as needed for various purposes. The designer will gain a further understanding of the many options and configurations on the market as well as understand how specifying them in projects directly impacts the welfare of building occupants in a positive manner.
- Identify and recognize the characteristics and capabilities of high performance opening glass walls
- Investigate the design potential to overcome architectural challenges with innovative solutions that create flexible and sustainable building spaces
- Assess the functional contributions of opening glass walls as they contribute to green building design and the health, safety, and welfare of occupants
- Explore specific usage applications through case study presentations on a variety of building types
Design Category (CSI Division):
(08) Doors, Windows and Openings