K-12 Steel Doors: A Primer on Applications, Constructions and Finishes
This course covers the benefits and attributes of specialty steel doors as they related to K-12 architects and specifiers. Learn the architectural process for facility design including the facility model, design/code model, specification mode, and construction/product model. Discover why steel doors and frames are a superior choice for school buildings as well as details on selecting the right steel door. Learn about the four critical types of steel door frames and the variety of steel door openings that are typically found in K-12 facilities. Also included are details on the various safety codes affecting the individual types of openings such as fire resistant, hurricane resistant, blast resistant doors, and more.
- Describe the primary types of K-12 doors covered in this course as well as their benefits and applications
- Explain the architectural process for school facility design
- Define common safety features for K-12 specialty door types, including classroom door security guidelines
- Identify the 4 types of school door frames
- Understand applicable safety codes affecting K-12 openings