Resisting Attack: Building Ballistic and Blast & Forced Entry Protection
About the Sponsor
Manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility in Schertz, Texas, Armortex® products are carefully and thoroughly assembled and inspected to ensure the highest quality. Armortex® produces the most comprehensive line of Bullet, Blast and Forced Entry Protection Products available, such as: composite panels and custom fabrics, steel and aluminum windows, wood, steel and aluminum doors, bullet and blast aluminum window systems (up to 42 psi, and 30 cal. Armor Piercing), and steel blast doors. ISO 9001 Certified
In this one-hour course, design professionals will learn about blast and ballistic resistant technology developed to provide comprehensive life, asset and building protection. In delving into this topic, standards and testing criteria will be explored as well as reviewing the security products and materials designed for security purposes. By the end of this course, design professionals will be able to apply their newly acquired knowledge of blast and ballistic products for specification in a myriad of upcoming projects.
- Evaluate the variety of innovative resistance technologies that are used to protect occupants and assets from threats including blast and ballistic assault.
- Explore the standards organizations that create the criteria and testing for resistance technologies to determine the successfulness of these products protecting life and securing a building in the event of blast or ballistic attack.
- Analyze panels, windows, doors & related physical security products engineered to provide durability and safety against threats to life, buildings and assets.
- Apply knowledge of anti-ballistic technology through case studies that highlight products that protect and provide comprehensive security.
Design Category (CSI Division):
(08) Doors, Windows and Openings