Specifying Specialty Steel Doors: A Primer on Fire-Rated, Forced Entry, Acoustic, Stainless Steel and More
This course covers the benefits and attributes of specialty steel door and frame assemblies. Learn benefits and attributes for fire-rated, forced entry, acoustic, bullet resistant, blast resistant, custom, wood grain, tornado, hurricane, stainless steel, lead-lined and temperature-rise doors. In addition, you will learn the requirements for STC ratings, BR levels and various testing procedures. Included are important specifications for each door type and the corresponding door assemblies.
- Describe the primary types of specialty steel doors covered in this course as well as their benefits and applications
- Explain the ratings used in specifying these doors, such as STC, BR levels, and more
- Discuss common uses for each specialty door type
- Describe the options for stainless steel finishes and determine which finishes are appropriate to keep installers and occupants safe
- Identify which specialty steel doors are a good fit for various applications