Steel Doors & Frames in Healthcare Facilities
This course covers the benefits and attributes of a variety of hollow metal steel doors and frames as they relate to the healthcare industry. Learn about the architectural design model process for these facilities and the spaces where steel doors may be required. Discover why steel doors and frames are a superior choice for medical facilities as well as details on selecting the right steel door and frame. Learn about the different steel door openings and frames that are typically found in healthcare facilities. Also included are details on the various safety codes affecting the individual facilities and types of openings such as stainless steel, acoustic, thermal, lead lined, fire resistant, and more.
- Describe the primary types of specialty steel doors and frames covered in this course as well as their benefits and applications
- Explain the architectural process for healthcare building design as it relates to steel doors and frames
- Define facility guidelines for different healthcare door types, including ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) accessible design
- Identify the types of healthcare doors & frames that provide safety for doctors, nurses, patients, and administrative personnel
- Understand applicable safety codes affecting healthcare openings