Proper Stucco Drainage: Stucco Detailing & Accessories with IBC 2021 Changes
About the Provider
Stockton Products™ was founded in 1949, in response to construction demand in the Southwestern United States, particularly California. Exterior stucco applications were popular and widespread. Recognizing the need to provide a framework around which stucco could be applied and keep it from cracking at stress points, a welded wire corner was developed that met that construction need. It was known as Corneraid®, and quickly became and remains the industry standard. Since then, a variety of welded wire products have been developed that save time, while maximizing stucco adherence to the wire-reinforced exterior. In addition, certain welded wire drywall related products are also available.
- Identify common issues that can arise if water infiltrates stucco assemblies, causing structural harm to the building and potential health risks to occupants
- Explain the new IBC 2021 25.10.1 and 25.10.2 Water Resistive Barrier (WRB) and drainage mat requirement and how it protects the building and occupants
- Discuss the different considerations required to meet the drainage mat requirement depending on the environment of each project and suggest code compliant materials
- Illustrate how to properly incorporate drainage mats into a stucco assembly, including the use of accessories to maximize drainage and ventilation, to create a secure building envelope
(07) Thermal and Moisture Protection