Barrier-Free Restroom Design Strategies Utilizing Optimal Hand Drying Solutions
Wednesday, December 11, 2019 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm EST
Examine the ADA Standards, and identify how hand drying methods can impact the design professional decisions that apply to an Accessible Design restroom. Through this thorough review, the design professional will recognize common challenges encountered in barrier-free restroom design, and how to integrate safe solutions that contribute to a project while embracing a healthier user experience.
- Identify ADA law requirements for barrier-free restroom design and how barrier-free spaces contribute to the occupant/visitor experience in the built environment.
- Identify ADA restroom compliance standards for new and existing facilities.
- Evaluate common restroom design challenges for ADA restroom compliance and explore potential solutions.
- Compare hand drying methods and identify the factors that impact the occupant/visitor in terms of speed and hygiene.
- Explain what to look for when researching ADA compliant products.