Building Envelope Fundamentals and Design Solutions with Insulated Metal Panels
Thursday, February 21, 2019 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm EST
Discover how IMPs can help enhance the functionality of building, performance. You will gain a better understanding of the IMP’s constructability and physical properties, and its visual, and structural attributes, efficiencies, advantages and benefits for using IMP's in today’s design build world.
- Discuss the advantages of designing with IMPs. Recognize how the IMP can offer the designer a solution for the building envelope, to resist varied and severe weather conditions, including fire safety, durability cost and energy efficiency. Understand jointed components.
- Identify cost savings and the efficiencies related to IMP installation in today’s competitive market.
- Identify how IMP's can open up building concepts to take advantage the IMP's easy systems and physical benefits, their ability to adapt to existing structures and turn-key buildings.
- Discuss how IMP’s can contribute to earning credits on LEED projects.
- Review projects where IMPs’ were able to create a tangible difference. Identifying and solving potential issues ahead of time, and providing solution driven options.