Continuous Insulation and ACM/MCM Rainscreens in High Wind Zone Steel Stud Construction
Webinar Begins In
About the Sponsor
Rmax, a business unit of the Sika Corporation, has been creating insulation solutions based on the latest building science since 1978. Our full line of high-quality, polyiso-based wall, roof and specialty insulation products for commercial, industrial and residential applications deliver maximum R-values and minimum environmental impact, with efficiency in installation, cost and design. Rmax insulation has been designed and tested to provide building envelopes with superior insulating protection while meeting the newest codes and requirements. Our engineered products and solutions allow for ultimate efficiency through multiple design options, creating ease of construction and reduced energy usage. This leads to a better building envelope while adding to the bottom-line through both material and labor savings - making Rmax an excellent choice for commercial and residential applications. As new developments in building science emerge, rest assured that Sika-Rmax will remain on the forefront, manufacturing tested, engineered solutions that serve Architects, builders, owners and occupants alike. Our people understand the diverse markets in which our products are used. Their integrity and responsiveness work to your advantage.
Thursday, August 24, 2023 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm EDT
This course outlines the dangers posed by Mother Nature and how science, codes, testing and methods have been developed to a platform upon which to build and combat these forces. We will also address how proper incorporation of martials including continuous insulation and air and weather-barrier systems will improve indoor air quality and contribute to environmental sustainability.
- Learn About the Science Behind Thermal, Air, Vapor and Water Control for Steel Stud Construction
- Provide an Understanding of Rainscreen Systems and how they can Enhance Building Design; improving Building Performance and Longevity, while improving the Indoor Environment and contribute to Environmental Sustainability
- Discover How POLYISO and ACM/MCM can work together Meeting Requirements and Outperform Traditional Methods in High Wind conditions and meet NFPA-285 Wall Assembly requirements
- Interpret the Code Requirements for Building Envelope Design and Performance
- Examine How to Develop and Test a Solution for the Issues Presented