The Devil is in the Details: Common Pitfalls Specifying Commercial Boilers & Water Heaters
Monday, May 16, 2022 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm EDT
Overlooking the smallest detail in the beginning can cause huge issues later on. Join us in this one-hour course as we cover common pitfalls designers face when specifying commercial boilers and water heaters. We will review different types of installation and application errors that can cause major safety concerns.
- Review combustion fundamentals and differentiate between condensing and non-condensing water heater systems
- Discuss how misapplication of water heaters and boilers can cause major concerns and dangerous environments for contractors and occupants
- Identify the end results of poor venting, including increased liability, destroyed boiler components, and potential risks to occupant safety
- Recall minimum combustible clearance and minimum service clearance guidelines and articulate the importance of proper service clearance for operation and safety
- Judge real world applications for proper venting, clearance, piping, and other processes to ensure best practices and guidelines have been followed