Firestopping Key Points
Thursday, March 16, 2023 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm EDT
In this one-hour seminar, the basics of life safety and code compliant design for firestopping installation are covered. Additionally, this course covers major issues in design such as the coordination of different trades responsible for firestopping. A UL system approach for firestopping for mechanical, plumbing, sprinkler, electrical and data cabling penetrations is covered, as well as for joint construction and curtain walls. Finally, this course covers how code requirements can impact design.
- Define the main type of firestop systems
- Describe the UL System approach to managing firestop compliance
- Recognize the basics of life safety design, such as when, where, and why to firestop
- Identify codes and standards and discover the steps necessary to design compliant firestop solutions
- Identify firestop systems by trade