One Step At A Time: Safety and Sustainability
Wednesday, August 26, 2020 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm EDT
This one-hour course examines how stair treads and nosings increase stair safety for users, especially in the event of an emergency. Join us as we discuss the different parts of stair, and coefficients of friction for different nosing options, new innovations that make treads and nosings durable and sustainable, and codes and practices that ensure proper installation.
- Identify the different parts of a stair, including treads, risers, stringers, and nosings
- Discuss how stair nosings are used to increase stair safety and compare the coefficients of friction for different nosing options
- Explain innovations in stair nosings and treads that ensure they are durable and sustainable, including recycled and recyclable materials
- Define codes that certify stair nosings and treads are safe for all users, especially in the event of an emergency
- Outline the estimation, installation, and maintenance process for stair nosings