The Significance of the Fabricator in the Design Process: Architectural Panel Surfaces & Systems
Webinar Begins In
Friday, April 30, 2021 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm EDT
Educate the Design Team as to the key role and significance played by the Fabricator on a project. This new understanding will enable the Team to consult and involve the Fabricator early in the design process. This early involvement will enable the Design Team to navigate code requirements, meet sustainability objectives, and design more efficiently. For the purposes of this course, we will discuss the fabrication of various design applications, common attachments systems, and features and benefits of a variety of cladding materials.
- Summarize the key role that the Fabricator should play in the overall design process using exterior cladding. This early Fabricator involvement along with the Manufacturer and Installer, will streamline the design process, timely completion and cost effectiveness.
- Discuss the various surface materials, their features and benefits, and how they contribute to energy performance.
- Discuss the advantages of various attachment systems in developing the total wall assembly and how they work in tandem with other components such as continuous insulation and water barriers.
- Explain the various code requirements including fire testing, etc.
- Discuss the fabrication process including design, project management, fabrication efficiencies and installation.
- Describe the significance of manufacturing and fabricating in an environmentally responsible manner.